3/15/2013

Trend - New York Fashion Week A/W2013 SHOES

I've been intending to do this post for a long time now... SHOES! I've loved shoes for the longest time, and whenever I can choose between an awesome pair of shoes and a great jacket, I will go for the shoes 9 out of 10 times. For me, the choice of shoes are one of the easiest way to dress an outfit up or down. As a student, I usually wear a simple pair of jeans and knit top. However, if I feel that today is a special day, I will wear a pair of fancier shoes instead of a pair of sneakers, or wear a type of shoes to impress people. So it may not be a huge surprise that I want to talk about the shoes trends this season. 

there are six general forms of shoes presented for the Fall 2013 collection: heels, ankle booties, mid/lower-calves boots, knee-high boots, strappy heels, and alteration looks of traditional shoes (I'll explain in a bit). I've gathered photos from the runway shows and hopefully provided an easier view of this season's beautiful shoe collection! I had There are a few designs that are my ultimate favorites, but my favorite designer throughout the season would be Prabal Gurung. His designs and I looks chic and empowering, and I would do anything to get a pair (especially one of these boots!)

Now, let's start analyzing the season!

Ankle Bootie
A/W 2013 Ready-to-Wear: Ankle Bootie 

Lace-Up and Leather. These boots are generally ankle high, and some has platform, some doesn't. Platforms are slowly beginning to phase out and we may be able to see that in more pictures below.

Strappy Heels
A/W 2013 Ready-to-Wear: Strappy Heels
 Flatter fronts and Leather Straps. This allows the shoes to look both very elegant and badass, depending on how you choose to wear it. For example, the Vera Wang heels in the lower left corner may look quite tough on its own, but it was paired with beautiful satin dresses that made it very feminine. The Prabal Gurung shoes in the circle is the most unique, with the little bow in the front.

Knee-High Boots
A/W 2013 Ready-to-Wear: Knee-high Boots
 Yes, Jeremy Scott immediately stood out in the Knee-High Boots category with its vivid colors, but the trend is generally black and made of leather. Prabal Gurung's military inspired boots are the coolest looking in my opinion. 3.1 Phillip Lim's shoes that has the "peep feet" appeal and it looks fresh and stylish. 

Mid/Lower-Calves Boots
A/W 2013 Ready-to-Wear: Mid/Lower-Calves Booties
Mid/Lower Calves Booties goes up above the ankle bone, and sometimes they go to the middle of one's calves. 3.1 Phillip Lim made those boots that look like ankle booties with extension socks coming out of it, a very fresh idea. Jason Wu sticked with the lace-up bootie motif, but a bit higher than the last picture we saw. Jeremy Scott invented a see through pair of boots, though I thought it might show to much flaws in a person's feet (plus it looks lumpy). 

Heels
A/W 2013 Ready-to-Wear: Heels
Heels are the classiest of all. It has been around the longest, and it probably will stay the longest. Alexander Wang's fluffy heels looks like booties, which is hard to categorize, but I still decide to put it in the heels category since it is meant to be that way. My favorite would be Altuzarra's checker heels. The silhouette is quite unique and stylish.

Alteration to Traditions
A/W 2013 Ready-to-Wear: Alteration to Tradition
Lastly is the "Alteration to Tradition". It basically means that they look like some old-school shoes, but something is drastically different at the same time. For example, both Valentino shoes are inspired by Oxford or Loafers, but there are cut-outs on sides to create the modern edge. Alexander McQueen's shoes are those 19th Century French silk shoes inspired. And 3.1 Philip Lim is inspired by Chelsea Boots. The alteration from its original look allow the people to have more options in the market. 
P.s. My favorite are those Valentino shoes. The cut-out element make sit look young and it would look great in any situation.

Who designed your favorite shoes? 
Which type is your favorite?
Comment below to let us know and don't forget to like us on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment