1/21/2013

Highlight of Paris Haute Couture Fashion Week Day 1

Paris Fashion Week


Paris Haute Couture Week Spring 2013 is upon us!! All fashionista rejoice!

Paris Fashion Week is a semi-annual fashion show that promotes fashion to the world! It is basically like New York Fashion Week, but in Paris, and the collections has the French's elegance.
Full Schedule of Paris Haute Couture Fashion Week

Since there are so many talented designers and beautiful collection presenting, I will do a highlight coverage every day and pick out my favorite looks of this week and hopefully condense the week of awesomeness for everyone!

Today is Day 1!


Christophe Josse is a French haute couture designer. This color scheme is fairly neutral and not too crazy. What is very haute couture about this collection is the craftsmanship. I really love the simple elegance and not having so much extravagant embellishments. 
Website: www.christophejosse.com
Christophe Josse - Spring 2013 Couture

Christophe Josse - Spring 2013 Couture
Christophe Josse - Spring 2013 Couture

Christophe Josse - Spring 2013 Couture

Maurizio Galante

Christian Dior is designed by Raf Simmons. The set of the runway is themed as a garden that reminds me of Palace of Versailles. The looks are perfect for spring because of the lightness and mobility. I am not normally a big fan for Christian Dior, but this collection really impressed me. It carries the freshness of spring and the romantic mood that is loyal to the brand.

Another very beautiful thing about this collection is the fabric. They are such gorgeous fabrics that bounce and flows. They look a bit stiffer than chiffon, but softer than tulle, which really fascinate (and confuse) me! Love it!

Christian Dior - Spring 2013 Couture
It doesn't look too special, but oh wow! After looking at the runway video, this is the most beautiful skirt I've ever seen! The way it moves and how it changes colors! It may seem like a light, light blueish white fabric, but it turns silver and all other type of things while under the light. It is absolutely beautiful.
Christian Dior - Spring 2013 Couture
This picture doesn't do justice to how the dress actually look like. The skirt is made of very light material that bounces and flies with the wind.
Christian Dior - Spring 2013 Couture
I love the asymmetry of this look. It is very creative and playful that would be perfect for numerous events. I am not a big fan of how they pair it with the pink boots, but I think Anna Martynova, the model, pulled it off.
Christian Dior - Spring 2013 Couture
Love the color, Love the little exposure of her leg,  Love the fabric.
Christian Dior - Spring 2013 Couture
These are the final looks. What stunned me was how the skirt look stiff, but in actuality, they are very light and soft that floats and bounces as the models walk down the runway.

Iris Van Herpen is a Dutch fashion designer. I think I like her style the most. She always want to construct and sculpt. She uses fashion as her outlet to "create" and explore something that is not necessarily in the fashion world. For example, in this collection, her inspiration is lightening and the childhood urge to control it. 

Iris Van Herpen - Spring 2013 Couture

Iris Van Herpen - Spring 2013 Couture

Iris Van Herpen - Spring 2013 Couture
I love the transparency of the dress and how it reminds me of a huge rib cage, the moment before the lightening strikes, and a dead willow tree after being hit by lightening. 

Iris Van Herpen - Spring 2013 Couture
This is absolutely stunning! I adore the reflective nature of the fabric, and I absolutely love the way it is constructed. This the perfect example of Iris Van Herpen. Awesome!

Alexis Mabille. Oh. My. Word. Pastels. So. Many. Pastels. I didn't know how I feel about it, but in the end, I kind of like it! It's like the Capitol fashion in Hunger Games. Colors, Pastels, exaggerated poofy-ness and tinker-bell magic. Even the models look unearthly and pixie-like. 
Alexis Mabille - Spring 2013 Couture
Alexis Mabille - Spring 2013 Couture

Alexis Mabille - Spring 2013 Couture
Alexis Mabille - Spring 2013 Couture

Alexis Mabille - Spring 2013 Couture
This is my favorite look out of his collection. Beautiful sheer skirt and color. 

Giambattista Valli is an Italian designer. Interesting collection. I enjoy the texture, prints and the royal ambiance of the runway with white and gold panel doors. Some are a little darker and heavier for spring, but they are perfect for spring cocktail parties, so hey, that is great! 

Giambattista Valli - Spring 2013 Couture
Beautiful dress, beautiful fabric, awesome belt! Do you notice that its bronze leaves intertwining with each other? (I didn't at first!I especially love how it looks while it is moving.

Giambattista Valli - Spring 2013 Couture
Crazy prints. It is a mix between leopard with purplish-gray roses. 
Giambattista Valli - Spring 2013 Couture
I cannot express how much I love these dresses. It is such a bizarre shape that I would usually resent because it may not look flattering on certain women. However I really love the black, reptilian skin-texture detail down the middle of the dress. Its like a reverse sexy skunk!
Source: Style.com

No comments:

Post a Comment