1/22/2013

Highlight of Paris Haute Couture Fashion Week Day 2

Day 2!

The second day of this festive week! The designers today are also very
Chanel. They really doesn't need any introduction for them. Since I already covered it, I don't have to include them here, right?


Stéphane Rolland is a French haute couture designer and a costume designer. The collection he presented is basically like a sketchbook - black and white. There are no other colors and the collection are generally coherent. The details are generally flowers and the designs are quite dramatic and different from what you would normally see. As much as I want to like how unique the collection is, There are a couple of pieces that gave me a hard time doing so. Let's begin with the most bizarre one shall we?
Stéphane Rolland - Spring 2013 Couture
I don't like the embroidery on the skirt. It is weird. I admire the idea of this look, but it just doesn't work for me. It looks like something for a 60 year old woman, and not in a good way.
Stéphane Rolland - Spring 2013 Couture

I don't like these three looks, but I do love the jackets. They are innovative and chic. The monochromatic color is very easy for consumers to wear. My favorite jacket is Look 1. The way it fans out is awesome!
Stéphane Rolland - Spring 2013 Couture

Now this is the "hm.. I'm not so sure..." part. I do like the idea of two segments of the dress that is connected by sheer fabric, but I don't like how it looks. Look 4 may work on some people, but Look 6 is just too much details. The feather on the lower skirt is weird and unappealing. Look 5 is kind of safe, and I like the chest detail.
Stéphane Rolland - Spring 2013 Couture

Now is what I love! The flowery embellishments on the shoulders (and wrist for Look 9) is fabulous and beautiful. It truly gave the entire look character and it looks edgy and feminine all at the same time. Wonderful job! Look 8 is my favorite out of those three because it looks modern and elegant.
Stéphane Rolland - Spring 2013 Couture

The two color looks that are classy and chic. Look 10 is very simple, half white half black, but the simplistic nature of the dress highlighted the model and gave a very luxurious look. Look 11 is chic and young, I love the ruffles on the hips. It is my favorite look out of the three. The fan out shoulder design makes it perfect for the wearer to stand out from the crowd, but doesn't scream too much that it looks like what a lunatic would wear. It is crazy to a controlled degree.
Stéphane Rolland - Spring 2013 Couture

Polished, High-class, Sophisticated. But Bold. These three looks are killer.
Atelier Gustavo Lins is a Brazilian designer. He was actually studying architecture before he become a fashion designer. His terminology and vocabulary for fashion is still very architectural, describing the spine of the body as a pillar. Even though there aren't many particular "pop" moments that made this collection particularly memorable, I like the general look.
Atelier Gustavo Lins - Spring 2013 Couture
Atelier Gustavo Lins - Spring 2013 Couture
Atelier Gustavo Lins - Spring 2013 Couture
Atelier Gustavo Lins - Spring 2013 Couture
Giorgio Armani Privé is designed by Giorgio Armani (obviously), and he is a man who needs no introduction. There is a unison motif throughout this collection, which is the little wand thing that is inspired by those staffs carried by kings. In general, I like the collection, though there are some that are so bizarre and out of place that I don't quite understand its purpose. The hats is a cute addition that really ties the collection together since it strays kind of far at some point.
Giorgio Armani Privé - Spring 2013 Couture
Look 1 and 2 are my favorite looks out of the entire collection.
Giorgio Armani Privé - Spring 2013 Couture
Giorgio Armani Privé - Spring 2013 Couture
Giorgio Armani Privé - Spring 2013 Couture
Stray-kind-of-far-moment.
Giorgio Armani Privé - Spring 2013 Couture
Giorgio Armani Privé - Spring 2013 Couture
Alexandre Vauthier is a French designer. His collection is my favorite of the day. I just love the overall sexiness and chic-ness. I would totally buy any of these pieces (if I could afford it of course).
Alexandre Vauthier - Spring 2013 Couture
Normal Street looks that is not so normal. In Look 1, I love the jacket and the satin detail. In Look 2, the Very low cut jacket is very sexy. I love the halter top in look 3, and the shininess of the pants is a pop of the look.
Alexandre Vauthier - Spring 2013 Couture
The little neck piece that holds two panels together may be simple, but it creates a very sexy but sophisticated look. Especially with the addition of the jackets/sleeves that toned down the sexiness and add elegance. Look 4 would be perfect for a cocktail party. 
Alexandre Vauthier - Spring 2013 Couture
These three are the cocktail dresses with a hint of blazer. There are little details that reminds me of a blazer, along with the neckpiece, it really creates a smart, powerful woman type of look. Look 7 is my favorite. 
Alexandre Vauthier - Spring 2013 Couture 
Alexandre Vauthier - Spring 2013 Couture
Look 15 is the finale, although it is a bit out of place, I still think it looks gorgeous and it has the similar chic=ness of the entire collection.

Bouchra Jarrar is a French designer who has a high respect for Parisian (Paris-people) fashion. Her goal is to help women express the elegance they have.
Bouchra Jarrar - Spring 2013 Couture
Bouchra Jarrar - Spring 2013 Couture
Bouchra Jarrar - Spring 2013 Couture
Bouchra Jarrar - Spring 2013 Couture
Bouchra Jarrar - Spring 2013 Couture



Adeline André is a French fashion designer.
Adeline Andre - Spring 2013 Couture


Adeline Andre - Spring 2013 Couture

No comments:

Post a Comment